Saturday, June 18, 2011

Save the Dates!

Needless to say, I am obsessed with weddings, since my daughter is getting married in November and I'm doing most of the planning..  My obsession has led me to the magazine, The Knot and their website, www.theknot.com/.  There are thousands of picutres for inspiration and lots of ideas for DIY projects.  This is where I found a great idea for Save the Date cards.  They show the personality of the couple and they were cheap!
It all started with this picture I took at The State Fair of Teaxs, before they were engaged.  I snapped them being silly and when I started seaching for picutres for this project, I knew I had found the perfect one.
You see the groom grew up on a dariy farm. Haha.

This was such an easy project.  I took the photo and up loaded it to Kinkos and had it turned into a postcard.
I ordered a custom made stamp from Simon Stamps with all the information that I wanted, and just stamped it in place.
        I chose some stamps that coordinated with the wedding invitations and ink in the wedding colors of grey and different colors of green.  I got these at Michael's and Hobby Lobby.
I stamped the design around the message in a casual way and the project was finished!                                                                             
I love the way they turned out.  The cards are fun and different and show what a fun couple they are. Yay, go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment